Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I am living in the future

I saw an interesting post today on the Perl Iron Man feed about the fact that /\Q foo \E/x turns into /\ foo\ / despite the /x option being set. This is not so remarkable because of the content (which was interesting and unexpected, although I am not sure what I would have expected to happen there), but rather because the post was in Japanese and I can't read Japanese. With machine translation I was able to understand what he/she was driving at. Truly, we are living in the future.

1 comment:

  1. The author of that site is Goro Fuji, who is also the author of PerlIO-Util, HTML-FillInForm-Lite, and so on. "he/she" is a good guy. ;-)
    Your understannding is the same he want to say.

    Taro Nishino

    ReplyDelete

Some limited HTML markup is allowed by blogger: strong, b, i, and a. You may also use em, but I have repurposed it through the magic of CSS to be behave very much like <tt><code></code></tt>.